Is there real democracy in America?

TheJason

Is there in most typical democracies (UK, Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, Germany etc.)? Anyway, cynics would point out that money buys elections and influences politicians. However, that's not saying that money and people's interests don't sometime coincide!

TheJason

I think democracies give the illusion of freedom. Nonetheless, there are places where there isn't an illusion :oops:. That would be Communist/Fascist/Islamic nations I think.

OK, where is it truly free? Can't think of anywhere but some remote Pacific island or something.

zoldos

Reality is just perception...
Staff member
Yes but in America you can speak your mind and not be put to death like in countries with dictators such as North Korea.

zoldos

Staff member
I have huge problems with Trump. As for the government in general, it needs refinement yes. I didn't vote tho. lol

zoldos

Staff member
I think Trump is generally not qualified to be president. He'll blatantly lie, then deny it, even tho he did it on national TV. He makes fun of people, then again denies it. In short, he's a fucking idiot.

I don't know much about politics, but I do know our government is flawed IMO.

Nah, not really...

TheJason

He makes fun of people, then again denies it.
Elitist people think they can do whatever they want. It's because they think certain wrongs are more meaningful than others. Also, it's just a bullying tactic - because they will bash you for things they do, but deny.

Basically, they're spoiled by money, which basically is turning them into adult toddlers. :sneaky:

zoldos

Staff member
Elitist people think they can do whatever they want. It's because they think certain wrongs are more meaningful than others. Also, it's just a bullying tactic - because they will bash you for things they do, but deny.

Basically, they're spoiled by money, which basically is turning them into adult toddlers. :sneaky:
haha I know right!!

TheJason

Trump is simply playing this Andrew Dice Clay/Rodney Dangerfield act. Not sure if people should be too upset. But, of course, one way to counter this - is simply to get another "wiseguy" candidate like Avenatti - but he's not running now.

I think Trump is generally not qualified to be president. He'll blatantly lie, then deny it, even tho he did it on national TV. He makes fun of people, then again denies it. In short, he's a fucking idiot.

I don't know much about politics, but I do know our government is flawed IMO.

Nah, not really...
Presidents really decide little and have less power than it seems to average person, especially in federal republics which USA is :)

To get a better picture of the hierarchy check this image: